Tuesday 21 April 2015

stay and conquer!

Hello friends! So following on from my previous blog, which I should have done a week ago, but sometimes you just want to watch Netflix and do nothing. 
So after my birthday Bec stayed for a week and does touristy things while I work. Half way through the week my host family leave for Miami and I'm off for the next 10 days (wow)! 
One night Bec and I met up with her friend that lives here and she took us to this secret cocktail lounge. It was so cool  you go into a store and there is a phone booth inside and you walk into that and ring the telephone then there is a door in the phone booth that opens and it's a whole other room, so wicked! 

The next day we went down to SOHO and did a bit of shopping, we also went into the DASH store (the Kardashians store) and it was beautiful I just wanted to buy everything, sometimes I think I'm khloe kardashian (that's weird). 
Then we headed over to Brooklyn and walked around the waterfront. It was such a beautiful day and warm surprisingly. 
We got lunch at the best pizza place in New York called Grimaldi's ( it really is amazing!) and we didn't have to wait outside for long which is a bonus, because I hate waiting. 
This is just a small pizza but it was huge that is why I love America! 

That night I may have gotten a tattoo.. Well yeah I did get a tattoo (sorry mum). When I was about to get it done I was freaking out I asked the tattooist 'what does it feel like?' He goes 'have you ever been shot or stabbed?' Im like 'what NO!' And he goes 'oh good cause it doesn't feel like that' And surprisingly it made me much calmer! I got a paper plane tattoo Which represents my time being in NYC and the awesome adventures I've been on while being here.
I was thinking about getting a unicorn beside it but then I thought Hmm maybe not (terrible idea). 

Friday was her last day and all I can remember was that we went and saw the Statue of Liberty by taking a boat to Staten Island and back, best way to do it if you don't want to go up the statue, plus it's free (what a bonus)! 

Saturday morning she left me to go back to Australia. We really did conquer the big apple in a week, my friend may have needed a holiday after this holiday. I miss my New Zealand buddy! 

I then had a whole week off and kind of went crazy because I didn't know what to do with myself except watch Netflix and go to the gym. 

Anywho that was a good time. 
Love ya longtime people's! 

#kiaornewyork 
#paperplane 

Krystal xo



No comments:

Post a Comment