Friday 6 June 2014

Chelkanator and I hit up NYC!

 Last week I had a visit from the Chelkanator. She came all the way from New Zealand for a week and I got to show her round my area, where I showed her the cool coffee shop named slave to the grind (seriously such a cool name) and the local mall. It was awesome hanging with another New Zealander who understands what 'togs' 'heaps' 'boom' and a whole lot of other New Zealand words that people not from NZ do not understand. People try to tell me that it is wrong English well.. no it's not, we just use different words but it means the same thing because we swag! 
Anyway so I showed my hood to Chelk.
Then Friday night I came to her hood where she was staying. We went out to dinner to a really cool Thai place where we sat outside (pritty much on the footpath). Our table was abit wobbly which was annoying, so after we ate our green bean thingys (can't remember the special name but it was something like Gagame or agame?) chelk decided to put a whole bunch under one of the legs of the table so it would not wobble (she is a smart one), probably very disgusting but it did the trick! 

After dinner we went and saw Xmen. Now I fully recommend this movie it was awesome!! 
On Saturday we slept for ages but Definately could of slept more, the bed was just so comfy! We finally got up and went and met Chelks friends for brunch which was great cause one of them was from Blenheim of all places (little place in New Zealand). 
We then left them and went to Central Park and got a frozen yogaurt (yum!). I said goodbye to Chelk and I went back home and went and watched Maleficent (another movie I highly recommend you seeing). 

Oh yeah! Sunday I went to a Yankees Game with my friends. Let me just say Baseball is quite boring (was 3hours long, nearly died.. Not really) but we were way up the top of the stadium, so the game was a little spec and we couldn't see the big screen (cheap seats). We decided to move seats like close to the game finishing and it was a much better view. But the experiance was great! The Yankees stadium was really cool! 
You have to have a pretzel while watching Baseball, just Gold! 

So there you go! It's been very warm lately so I've been swimming a lot, thank goodness for pools! 

#kiaoranewyork 

Krystal xo



No comments:

Post a Comment