Thursday 19 June 2014

My favourite place

Hello my beautiful people!! 
Well it's been another great week full of great times. 
Friday night I went to the city with my friend who lives just down the block from me. We had a good night, this was our view.. Empire State Building everyone!

Saturday I met up with a new Aupair in Union Square. Which is officially my favourite spot to chill and people watch (that's not weird..is it?). Anyway it's just such a cool area! There's a square (obviously) where people sit and there is always something going on, like people dancing in the square and people entertaining. There's also great thrift stores around the area (Reminds me of Takaka.. Lol not really!). So we sat in the square and there was a bubble party (I know, random!) people actually came and blew bubbles hilerious!! In New York there's a parade for everything (literally). 
You can't see the bubbles, but this is how big the crowd was just casually blowing bubbles! 

Then we watched these cool cats do tricks and jumps on their longboards (pretty extreme, don't try it at home kids).

Then OMG!! I headed to one of the most amazing dance classes I have ever taken! To be honest I was really nervous and wasn't actually going to go because I hadn't danced in a while, but then I thought how can I miss a great opportunity to be taught by one of the most amazing dancers in the world, who has choreographed for Beyoncé, Chris Brown, lil mama (remember G-slide? he choreographed it. Such a good song!) etc. Of course I HAD to go! 
It was a 2 hour class and some people nearly fainted because it was sooo hot and was a very intense dance class. But I LOVED it!! 
Here's Hollywood and I, very sweaty after dance class (yuk)!! 
His t-shirt was soaking wet of sweat that's how hot it was!! 

Sunday I went to Church and caught up with a friend that I hadn't seen in a while. We had lunch and then I walked down to union square (favourite place), well.. actually took the subway cause that would of been a long walk! I walked around and went into Sephora (a big makeup place) and just stared at all the different makeup.. Yep that's what I do! I would love to be the person that owns that store (oh sigh). 
I then was sitting in the square watching these two girls dance, then noticed that they were actually filming and they needed a crowd. So I, of course got in there (wid all dat swag, well I looked like a hippie, but that will do). So we had to act excited and was dancing etc was fun, until a homeless guy (oh bless him), decides to dance in front of the camera (ruined it!). 
I decided to go check out this other church which was cool, met some new people. 
After that I headed to Grand Central and walked the whole from 14th street to 42nd street. With my music in my ears, I was just loving life, as you can see here.. 
I just had to take a selfie, it had to be done! 

Anyway in better news.. This piece of Chocolate (looks gross)
is the last piece of New Zealand chocolate and I'm going to eat it right NOW, so need some more ASAP (in the mail would be good, preferably Old Gold 70%) wow just ate it and so satisfied!! 

So lessons we learned throughout this blog..
1. Don't let opportunities pass you by, just go for it! 
2. Make new friends that like you
3. People watch (it's not creepy) 
4.Give people chocolate that live away (ahem...me) 

Hope you've enjoyed. Peace out!

#kiaoranewyork 

Krystal xo

3 comments:

  1. Hey Krystal,
    I'm a NZ au pair living in NYC and I was reading your blog and noticed that I'm in your photo of the bubble crowd in Union Square! I'm the girl with red hair and white t-shirt, second from the left. Such a crazy coincidence so I thought I'd leave a comment :)
    Hope you're enjoying New York and being an au pair!
    Elea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow absolutely crazy! Girl we should meet up I havnt met another New Zealander here! How cool!

      Delete
    2. I just saw your reply :) I'm already back in NZ for about a month now, I miss NYC so much! Hope you're having fun!

      Delete