Wednesday 10 December 2014

No time for my talent!

A lot has happened in the past few weeks, it has been very busy! I've had to put away my talent of twerking (for now) and have been busy working and studying hard! Well and going to parties and events because it is that time of year to be jolly (CHRISTMAS TIME!). 
So at the end of November I went to the Christmas Spectacular Rockettes Show. It was one of the best shows I've seen, like all the acts were REALLY good. How it all was put together was so well done. And I was well impressed with the stage! It also made me feel all Christmasy, I was ready to put on my ugly Christmas sweater for sure! 


Next came Thanksgiving and it SNOWED!!! The first snowfall for the winter, although it wasn't winter yet (not okay). We had a big family get together with all the cousins and aunties and uncles of my host family. We literally ate all day (this is not an exaggeration). We had turkey, mashed potatoes all the good stuff, it really felt like Christmas but without the presents. 

The following day my kid had her sweet 16th party. So we all got dressed up looking all fancy and fly. It was like a wedding! Americans really do go all out for sweet 16th parties (was insane).  
These are my kids. It was the middle ones birthday she looks so pretty! 
My youngest kid and I taking selfies while we wait. 

As you know I have been going to school taking a class and it's been pretty crazy doing exams, projects and studying. Tomorrow I have my finals and then il be done for this year (oh happy days). 

Tonight while the kids and I were having dinner which was Tacos (we went Mexican), I put some more taco shells in the oven to grill and next minute I opened the oven door and they were on fire, literally!! I screamed, shut the oven door, turned the oven off and go to the kids 'get water' they were like 'no not water that will make it worse' I'm like 'umm umm ohk fire extinguisher' they don't have one. then my eldest kid was like 'I'm ringing mum' I'm like 'no ring the fire people!' Then they run outside and I'm in the kitchen running back and forth from the sink to the oven thinking of ways to put out the fire. Then I give up and run outside and thank goodness they have gone to get the neighbor and of course He comes in all calm, opens the oven and only the taco shells were on fire (we were thinking it was the whole oven). He just took them outside, these burnt charcoaled taco shells, then He goes home like it was no big deal! We were cracking up laughing cause we were thinking the oven was gonna blow up and that the house would be burnt down (yes we were abit OTT)! 

So now you are all up to date with what's going on over here yay! I'm so excited for Christmas it's gonna be amazing and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas as well. 
Peace out 
#kiaoranewyork
#tacosonfire

Krystal xo

No comments:

Post a Comment