Tuesday 1 July 2014

I ain't no touristy.


Here I am everyone, sorry it's been so long but I've been busy with the kids as they finished school for the year (yay I don't have to make lunches for like 2 months!). I am very excited to go away with the kids and spend more time with them, it's gonna be a great holiday!! 

Any who, so not the weekend just been, but the weekend before was a very relaxed, chilled weekend. I stayed at my friends house, watched movies, ate a lot of ice cream and tanned outside. We didn't go into the city the whole weekend.. Well mostly cause I didn't want to spend money on the train, but it turned out to be one of the best weekends! The moment you feel like you ain't no tourist anymore, is the moment you can just chill at home in NY (it's a beautiful thing!).

Now this weekend just been was great! I went and watched 22 jump street, oh WOW! I haven't laughed like that in the movies in a longtime, it was hilarious!! Then Saturday my friend and I went shopping and then headed to a Jamaican lady's 50th party, and yes we were the only white people there, got quite awkward cause everyone would just stare at us, I think they thought we were party crashers, but we weren't or were we?!.. In the end It was a lot of fun and the music was great so reggae! 


Sunday we went to the city and watched the gay pride parade (all I can say is Weow).
Didn't get any good photos, but this float is orange is the new black cast dancing on it (for those of you who know what I'm talking about). 

My new obsession is Starbucks mocha Frappes (oh so good!!) 
Then we headed to church. It was awesome like always! And I met this guy from London who knows a guy that I know who lives in London which was CRAZY!! The world is so big but really it's so small lol. 

Last night I headed to the city to watch my girls piano recital. It was good but oh my gosh soo boring! After that we went to dinner to this diner where the waitresses sang songs off broadway it was a great experience, the whole diner was singing along to the songs which was really cool! 
Alrighty have a great week everyone! 

Peace out.
#kiaoranewyork 
#aintnotouristy
Krystal xo

No comments:

Post a Comment