Wednesday 13 August 2014

Nashville BABY Nashville

Monday morning I got on a plane and headed to Nashville Tennessee baby woohoo!! 
The plane ride was great. NO turbulence at all (hallelujah! Praise Jesus!). I landed and picked up my bag from the bag area (yep that thing that as a little child you always wished you could ride on.. One day people, one day it will happen). 
I got picked up by my parents friend that I was staying with for the week. She has 2 kids, a 9 year old girl and a 2 year old boy and they are just seriously awesome!! They live in Franklyn where famous people live like Leonardo Dicaprio, Oprah, Nicole Kidman etc. I had so much fun hanging out with them going for walks in the morning with the mum, going to the mall, watching movies and playing games. 


One day we travelled out to the Amish area which was like 1 hour drive. it was so interesting! They don't have electricity, they eat from the land, they get the kids working pretty much as soon as they can walk, it's insane. They are pretty much living in poverty, which is sad, but they choose to live like that. 
Anyway so they sell things to people that come in. It's very random but I bought a yo-yo (lol). It's handmade by the Amish so I thought I'd take it as a souvenir (although I may have lost it.. hmmm). It's insane, they travel in horse and carriage everywhere. I always wished that I lived in a world where people rode horses everywhere instead of driving cars, hmm maybe I should become Amish? Haha don't be silly, I would die!! 
I had to take sneaky photos because they don't like it, but this is how they live.

I also met another nanny that lived next door. She took me to Church with her and it really reminded me of home. There were so many young people and the worship was so good !!
The pastors were Australian and I had recognized them, so I texted my Dad and asked if He knew Henry and Alex seale (I have no idea if that's how you spell their last name, but oh well), of course Dad knew them. They used to work at Planetshakers church (CRAZY, such a small world!). After church I said hello to them and mentioned my Dad and other people and He was like 'noway that's insane, yeah I know them'. Who would of thought you would meet someone IN Nashville that knows people that you know (cray cray!).
Then me and some people went and got ice cream. Then they took me to this sign that is apparently famous which says 'I believe in Nashville'.  

I fell in love with the family I was staying with, they were so welcoming and really made me feel apart of the family. I was sad to leave them but I know that I will definitely be back in Nashville again!! 

Peace out yo and love life!

#kiaoranashville

Krystal xo

No comments:

Post a Comment