Monday 4 August 2014

Phone went traveling!

Hello hello don't worry I am alive! My phone just decided to stay in Boston for a few weeks so I have not been able to blog that's okay though because I have a great story! 

It started a few weeks ago where I decided to go to Boston for the weekend to hangout with my friend Kristie, who had been in the country for about a week doing the same thing as I do (not herding sheep, guys.. Nannying). So I hopped on the train from Rhode Island and travelled to Boston where I would stop at a train station and Kristie would pick me up. It was about 12am, I got off the train and was waiting for my friend to come get me. Because it was midnight, the station was very empty, everything was closed and I was just sitting with my cheetah print suitcase looking all homeless and stuff (good times!). Then I got a call from Kristie asking where I am, I'm like 'I'm sitting by the entrance, are you here?' She goes 'yea I'm here but your not'. Now this is when I realize 'OH SNAP' I got off at the WRONG train station and it's NOW 1am in the morning and I'm in BOSTON!!!! So I had to catch a cab to Kristies house which was 40mins away and costed a heck of a lot of money, cray cray!! 
Finally got there about 2am in the morning, so tired. 

On Saturday Kristie and I went into the city, did some shopping and had brunch. We both ordered French toast. Now this was not French Toast it was more like a donut! It reminded me of when you go to the Fish & Chip store and order a deep fried Moro bar.. Yep that's exactly what it was. So good but so bad!! 
(Random statue, probably important).

We were walking down the street and found these people who were busking and jumping over people so we watched that for a bit until they wanted money so we ran (well not ran, we walked away.. fast). 
When we got back to her house we had some food, talked about life and twerked... Yep! 

On Sunday we headed to the mall for more shopping because you can never do to much (holla!). We spent most of our time in Mac trying on dark lipstick (such fun)! 
For lunch we headed to the rainforest restaurant. You walk in and there's monkeys, elephants, birds, massive fish tanks and it looks exactly like a rainforest. We were probably the only Adults without children there but who cares we loved it!!!

After all the shopping we caught a cab, went to Church then met up with another New Zealander and had dinner. 
The violinist was awesome!! 

Monday morning it was time to leave, so Kristie dropped me off at the train station, we said goodbye and I was looking in my bags for my phone to get my train ticket out, I couldn't see my phone so I checked again, still no phone! That is when I started freaking out! I couldn't contact Kristie to tell her, I couldn't contact anyone. It was one of those horrible sweaty moments (yum). 
I went up to the ticket people nearly in tears and asked if they can print my ticket out. I then told them that I left my phone in Boston and that my  phone is literally my life ( oh gosh that's sad.. they must have thought I was crazy). No but seriously it is my only way of communicating with my family and friends back home and I didn't know any of my host families numbers of by heart so they wouldn't know when to pick me up. So if you were in this situation yeah you would be freaking out to! 

When I hopped on the train I asked the train conductor if there were computers on the train I was so desperate to try and contact my friend. Of course there are no computers on the train (so silly)!

I got to Rhode Island and decided that I would walk to the Library because they have computers and hopefully my host family will be there also. I walked in, looked around no computers free and no family so I then went to the second floor and right there was one of my kids I was so happy I yelled 'Michella! I'm so happy y'all are here' (forgetting I'm in a library, got told off for talking to loud, woops). I got onto Facebook and saw that Kristie had messaged me about my phone. I gave her the post office address so she could send it up to Me. Friday came around so I rang the post office to ask if my package had arrived and no it hadn't. Then it was Saturday and so I rang again and still it hadn't showed. I thought that was weird so I decided to go down to the post office and ask. And OMG they decided that they would send it all the way back to Boston because apparently it didn't have the right address (oh it did)! Now I'm even more frustrated! My phone didn't arrive in Boston until Wednesday so I told my friend just to send it to New York because I was going back for the weekend. So 2 weeks later and I finally get my phone back! Oh yess it felt like Christmas except nothing had changed with my phone, I mean it was still a 4s, it would of been nice if someone slipped in a 5s that really would have been the cherry on top!

Anyway that was a long story. My life just gets more interesting! Now I'm headed to Nashville so let's hope I don't leave anything behind. I hope to ride a horse and get famous in a week.
 So talk to you homies later, have a great life! 
#kiaoranewyork
#outofcontrol

Krystal xo

1 comment:

  1. ❤️Krystal u r awesome. What an experience, I would be panicking too. ❤️

    ReplyDelete